Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: 27 year old k40

  1. #1
    Levi
    Guest Levi's Avatar

    Post

    I got a great deal on 10 rolls of 27 year old kodachrome 40, the film was never refridgerated. Has anybody here shot film this old? Did it turn out?

    Thanks,
    Levi

  2. #2
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    Yikes, 27 years not in a fridge?
    I'd be scared to death of that.
    I hope you got a real good deal, like fifty cents a roll, or something.
    I can't imagine it's going to look good, although I must admit, I am curious.
    I've never shot anything near that old.
    Please let us all know exactly how it turns out.

    Matt Pacini

    ------------------

  3. #3
    ulrichsd
    Guest ulrichsd's Avatar

    Post

    I shot some K40 that was stored in a camera. The roll had a little bit shot on it about 18 years ago, and I shot the rest and got it developed. The stuff shot a long time ago was a little ghosty and blurry, but the stuff shot recently turned out surprisingly well for being so old. I would think that as long as the film wasn't exposed to heat or left in the sun etc. there is a good chance that it will be ok.

    Good luck,
    Scott

    ------------------

  4. #4
    Levi
    Guest Levi's Avatar

    Post

    Yeah, I'll post some pictures after I get them shot and processed.

    Thanks,
    Levi

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •